Let’s Get Ready for Summer!
“Ready for summer?” You may ask. “Isn’t summer about popsicles, swimming pools and family vacation?” Yes, and more. Summer is about simple joys and freedom. It is also an important time to review academic skills, build a healthy lifestyle, and reinforce core values.
But how can you do this and still find time for family vacation? Summer Fit ActivitiesTM use a whole child approach to keep your child’s mind and body active. Summer Fit ActivitiesTM engage your child in their summer learning experience by focusing on three areas of child development: academics, fitness and core values.
Academics - reading, writing, math, language arts, science, geography and technology
Fitness - exercise, active play, healthy eating and nutrition
Core Values - honesty, self-discipline, friendship and more
Summer Fit is a series of nine workbooks sold online and in stores nationwide. These workbooks bridge one year to the next: preschool–kindergarten, kindergarten–first grade, and on up to seventh–eighth grade. Each Summer Fit ActivitiesTM workbook contains:
- A parent introduction that provides instructions and resources, including assessment tests.
- 10 sections that begin with a weekly overview and incentive contract, so each week is organized and your child is motivated.
- 10 pages of activities in each section, totaling over 500 activities in each workbook. Your child completes 2 pages a day, which takes 20–30 minutes. (And yes, take the weekends off!)
- A weekly role model and core value (such as kindness). The value is reinforced daily to help build character and social skills.
- Extension Activities that include hands-on learning activities, instructional videos, healthy recipes and more.
As you can see, Summer Fit ActivitiesTM provides a unique whole child approach to summer learning that engages your child in academics, fitness and values. Summer Fit ActivitiesTM also keep your child engaged with you. It is a family affair! (Remember, you are your child’s best teacher.) So, are you ready make Summer Fit ActivitiesTM part of your summer?